8th February '15
February 08, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Advance Notice: On Mothering Sunday (16th March) we are going to have an all age drama and we need some enthusiastic volunteers. There will be one workshop before the day. No previous experience necessary. Anyone aged 5-95 years welcome. Please speak to Den or Pippa to let them know you are interested or for more info.
Wednesday 11th February
14:00-16:00 @ The Riverside, Matlock
Friday 13th February
08:00-9:00 @ The Riverside, Matlock
Sunday 15th February
Xplor (YRS 7-9)
19:00-20:30 @ Peter and Pamela’s
Well we have now been in our apartment just over a week and are getting used to being city -dwellers on the top floor of an apartment block with lots of cars to watch - and hear - especially once 10pm comes round and the boy racers hit the streets. It's a good location for meeting up with people though Gill is only just getting her energy back so bit of a slow start compared to last time.
The first meeting with the development group of leaders last Saturday went very well which is encouraging. They brought out a number of issues which we will work through over the next few weeks and which will help build a sense of team
There are lots of needs here, health in particular. Gill has been asked to start a group with some of the women. Last night we met two younger guys who carry a real desire for a supernatural move amongst their generation, encouraging.
Most of the communities here oppose the doctrine of grace as a heresy that will cause you to go to hell!! They prefer a works-centred message whereby if you sin you lose your salvation, this gives pastors a lot more room for guilt manipulation and control and is seen as a way to motivate people to be obedient. What a terrible distortion, very common among Asian communities it seems. Paul's letter to the Galatians hits the spot on this. This backdrop has helped understand why grace is taught so much at our local community here and makes it somewhat of a rarity in the city.
- Full health for both of us, Gill to make a full recovery, my teeth to remain pain free
- The development group to be a group able to carry and reshape the c, with clear vision and wisdom
- More key relationships to develop
- Some break-through needs:
- two ladies with breast lumps
- Another who has had to return to Europe leaving her family here because of a serious heart condition linked to blood clots in her lungs
- Another lady who can't get pregnant who has endometriosis
- A business man with a kingdom mindset wanting a big contract here
- For Adrian (married to Hazel) to get a contract reviewing the heavily subsidised electricity industry. (he's asked me to put on my old Environmental Economics lecturer's hat and get involved!)