Our foodbank operates on a referral only basis, if you are in need of help from the foodbank then please do one of the following:
- If you have a support agency working with you please ask them to send in a referral form for you.
- If you don’t have any support agencies working with you, then please email [email protected] or call 07437 439961.
The Jigsaw Foodbank parcels are collected/delivered on a Thursday each week. Should you have no food and can not manage until a Thursday we can issue you with a Crisis Parcel, to access a Crisis Parcel only please do one of the following:
- email [email protected] or ring 07437 439961
- Call CAB Advice Line on 0808 2787 954. Open Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Call Matlock Job Centre on (01629) 773023. Open Monday to Friday 9:30am (10am Wed) to 5.00pm
Our foodbank continues to run throughout the Covid-19 pandemic supporting some of the most vulnerable people in our community. We have also scaled up our operation in response to the increasing need due to Covid-19. If you would like to support this ministry then please contact us or donate financially.
You can read our latest newsletter here: Sept 21 Foodbank Newsletter
The Jigsaw food Bank initiative provides emergency tinned and packet food to individuals and families in the local community who are unable to provide for themselves due to loss of income, employment or benefits and find themselves in a crisis situation.
By donating to the Jigsaw Food Bank you can help support people in crisis in a simple, practical way.
Together we can help feed people in the local community.
Our donations points can be found at The Lime Tree, Sainsburys, County Hall, Co-op, Matlock Library, St Marys Church Wirksworth.
We currently have need of the following items – tinned fruit, tinned meat, UHT milk, tinned soup, pasta sauce, custard, rice pudding, meat, tuna, biscuits.
We are also grateful for financial support. This helps support our ongoing costs and is also used to purchase fresh produce such as fresh fruit and vegetables, meat, eggs and cheese.
There are several ways in which you can give.
- by cheque made out to church in the peak – please add a covering note specifying ‘Jigsaw’
- by bank transfer (a/c – 22438868, s/c – 30 62 62) please state ‘Jigsaw’ in the reference
- by donating online please select ‘Jigsaw Project’ from the drop down list.
Jigsaw Food Bank operates through Church in the Peak, Matlock and is supported by donations from local churches, community groups, supermarkets and their customers.