The Benefits of Adoption - God The Heavenly Fathers Love For Us
Richard Thomas (Sun, 10 Nov 2013)
Richard Thomas from Hope Church Worcester spoke at our Regional Meeting today. He spoke on “The Benefits of Adoption!”
HOW IS HE OUR FATHER?
• Our Father by Creation see Acts 17 v 27-28
• Our Father by the Holy Spirit see Galatians 4 v 6-7, Romans 8 v 14-16
• Our father through ADOPTION see Ephesians 1 v 4-5
“Adoption is the highest blessing of the gospel” J.I. Packer.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ADOPTION?
• Acceptance Romans 15v 7, Ephesians 1 v 5,
We are not rejected
• Affirmation Romans 1 v 7 “beloved of God”
We do not have to perform to get affirmation
• Access Ephesians 2 v 18
• Affection Philippians 1 v 8, Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you ... He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing
“HOW GREAT IS THE LOVE THE FATHER HAS LAVISHED ON US, THAT WE SHOULD BE CALLED CHILDREN OF GOD! AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE!” 1 JOHN 3 V 1
What are “the 4 A’s of Adoption? ......
What difference does Fathers acceptance make to how you view yourself or relate to others?
What is affirmation in the world based upon?, how is that different to our heavenly father?
What do you think of the idea of “heavenly fridge rights”? – what difference do they make to – needing help or mercy, coming to worship...?
How does God feel about you?
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES ALL OF THIS MAKE TO OUR MISSION / WITNESS / OUTREACH ?