Reaching The Nations
Phil Hardy Dave Harper (Sun, 08 Oct 2017)
Phil, Sundar and Ali spoke of their time in India.
To hear more about Home of Hope, please visit http://www.flmhope.org/.
Dave spoke of the work that is going on in Yalova, that our donations are actively supporting.
To hear more about the work in Yalova, click here.
A People Of Vision
Phil Hardy (Sun, 10 Sep 2017)
Phil spoke of the vision for Church in the Peak as we approach the building project.
To view Phil's notes (in PDF format), click here.
What’s your Vision? Or some call it a dream,
The Dream Giver – Preface
It starts with someone having a vision/dream
It does not have to be what we would call sacred, that is involve fulfilling some Christian ministry
Your Vision/Dream maybe in Care for the Needy, Business, the Arts, Public service. Finance, Heath care, Education
There should be no divide between the Secular and Sacred
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
Ephesians 2:10 NLT
The last 2 talks have been about our benefits of being in Christ and his Grace freely given us to live holy lives and able to fulfill the good works prepared for us before we ever existed
There should be no divide between the Secular and Sacred, the call, gifting and anointing of God are not for the few who serve in “Spiritual Ministry” everything done in response to him, his call and his leading, whatever we class it as, should be the good works he has prepared for us to do.
Vision statements from the world
Apple:- Steve Jobs said this
"Man is the creator of change in this world. As such, he should be above systems and structures, and not subordinate to them."
"Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings."
Google:- “to provide access to the world’s information in one click.”
“to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
IKEA: - "To create a better everyday life for the many people."
Twitter: - “To give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.”
Why have a Vision?
• ESV - 18 Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.
• Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.
• When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful.
• MSG - If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed.
When God created he did so with Vision and Purpose Genesis 1
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” 29 And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
My story for Catalyst
Each year I have been at the Festival God has encountered me
First time I spent the whole weekend in tears, I was useless didn’t really lead, help or support the ministry team
Last time God spoke so clearly, Prophetically, about time to pursue the vision God had given me
So what’s the Vision ?
New Frontiers – Slide 1
To extend the Kingdom of God among the nations through
• Recovery of New Testament Church Life
• Making Disciples
• Training Leaders
• Starting Churches
• Serving the poor
Nearly 30 years ago we joined with this vision
We saw what God was doing in restoring the church
Our own vision was caught up in the bigger vision.
“The way to fulfill your own vison is to get caught up in an even bigger vision”
Our vision statement – Slide2
All of it is about fulfilling Gods Vision
Summary in order of our priorities – Slide 3
Gods plan –
Habakkuk 2:14 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea”
• This time last year I shared what I felt God had revealed about our future here in the peaks
• I talked about the change from the Moses years to the Joshua Era
• This term we are going to Journey with the Israelites out of salver you into the promised land and to see what God has to teach us and say to us on our Journey into what has been promised to us.
• We will look at the old and the new to help us understand what the new era looks like.
• Its summed up in this - Joshua 21:43English Standard Version (ESV)
43 Thus the Lord gave to Israel all the land that he swore to give to their fathers. And they took possession of it, and they settled there.
God brings together in the right place a time to fulfill his eternal plan through
There are places for you, for us to take possession of. Not just land but we are to take the very nature of heaven, the culture of the kingdom into every place we are, whatever God has given us to do let be that we advance the kingdom to fill that place with the knowledge of the glory of God
Whatever vision you have see it in the context of a bigger Vision that you can serve ultimately fulfilling Gods vision to restore all thing back to himself and as Ephesians 4 says
“However, he has given each one of us a special gift through the generosity of Christ. That is why the Scriptures say, “When he ascended to the heights, he led a crowd of captives and gave gifts to his people.” Notice that it says “he ascended.” This clearly means that Christ also descended to our lowly world. And the same one who descended is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that he might fill the entire universe with himself.”
Ephesians 4:7-10 NLT
Questions / Ministry
Are you able to recognise God given Vision/dream? Church and personal
Have you forgotten it?
Do you still believe in it
“God wants to draw you into the kind of life you were born to love”.
The Grace To Say No
Phil Hardy (Sun, 03 Sep 2017)
Phil looks at why we struggle with sin.
To view Phil's notes (in PDF format), click here.
• The Basics of the Christian Faith
• salvation, Our position in Christ
• If we have been set free from the law of Sin and Death
• If we are no longer slaves to sin
• some people if not many of us find it hard to say NO especially when tempted by something we really want and like
What’s the truth?
• How shall we who have died to sin live in it (Romans 6:2)
• Our old self was Crucified with him ….that we should not be slaves to sin (Romans 6:6)
• He that has died to sin is freed from sin (Romans 6:11)
• consider yourselves to be dead to sin (Romans 6:12)
• Sin shall not be master over you (Romans 6:14)
• Having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness (Romans 6:18)
What’s the Struggle then?
• I know that nothing good dwells in me (Romans 7:14)
• “the good I want to do, I do not, but practice the very evil that I do not want (Romans 7:19)
• “wretched man that I am, who will set me free from the body of this death?” (Romans 7:24)
• Many Christians have struggles with sin issues, they find themselves caught in a trap and find it hard if not impossible to break free and live the life that God intended.
• Many also live under a cloud of do and don'ts not living in the freedom that God has won for them, thinking that to be a Christian is obeying rules and regulations.
• Grace Teaches us and provides us with God given motivations that set us free to prefer and choose Godliness and say NO from our hearts to the short term pleasures of sin.
• If sin was not so attractive to us it would not be such an issue, but it seems it is
• Galatians 5 tells us some of the lusts of the flesh that many well struggle with, if your struggling with sin you don’t need it spelling out you will already feel condemned and a failure
• We all have areas in our lives of vulnerabilities and weaknesses, its true of our human nature
The Good News
2 Timothy 1:9 - New International Version (NIV)
9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
Titus 2 11-14 NIV,
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. 15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.
11 For the grace of God (His unmerited favour and blessing) has come forward (appeared) for the deliverance from sin and the eternal salvation for all mankind.
12 It has trained us to reject and renounce all ungodliness (irreligion) and worldly (passionate) desires, to live discreet (temperate, self-controlled), upright, devout (spiritually whole) lives in this present world,
13 Awaiting and looking for the [fulfilment, the realization of our] blessed hope, even the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One),
14 Who gave Himself on our behalf that He might redeem us (purchase our freedom) from all iniquity and purify for Himself a people [to be peculiarly His own, people who are] eager and enthusiastic about [living a life that is good and filled with] beneficial deeds.
The Motivation is because of Grace
Mercy is – Not Receiving what I do deserve, when you should be punished and your let off, someone else has taken that punishment and you receive mercy you have not got your just deserts
Grace is – Receiving what you don’t deserve, the Unmerited, undeserved favour of God. So its by Grace !
How do we get this grace?
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the Humble
• Any attempt to minimise, play down, explain away or justify our sinful behaviour is an expression of pride
• Any Failure to take seriously the warnings in scripture regarding sin and especially sexual sin as also evidence of pride
• We must intentionally humble ourselves
• Best way confess our struggles first to God and then to another, Bring it into the light, sin loves to be in the darkness, hidden and secret if we expose it by bringing into the light we disarm its power over us. Choose to be accountable to another who you trust with your life.
• Humility leads to us being able to receive God's grace
2 Peter 1:2
May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ
• Get to know God and the Lord Jesus Christ, this is how we actively appropriate the grace offered to us through humility
John 8:31-32 The Truth Will Set You Free
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
• Those the Son sets free are truly free
• God has given us everything we need for life and Godliness, His word, his example, his Holy Spirit, his free gift of Righteousness, his grace!
How Does Grace Teach us?
• It tells us we are totally acceptable to God through our faith in Jesus Christ
• We are Justified Freely as a gift – Just as if you had never sinned
Gods Lavish Grace – Terry Virgo Page 113 Chapter 10
• Grace teaches us about the terrible price that was paid for our sin- He gave Himself for us
• Grace Teaches us that this world is just a temporary thing, this present age there is a far better one to come, our time here is short, eternity awaits the New heaven and new earth are ahead of us.
• God wants people to be free from the power of sin to rule and dominate their lives
• Jesus came to destroy the works of the evil one in you and in me
• Have you found this grace?
• Are you allowing yourself to be taught by this grace that enables you to say NO to worldly passions and live a full free life for God ?
• Or are you struggling with some sin issue, are you feeling condemned and a failure and can’t seem to break free,
• Today is a day of freedom for you if you choose it.
1. How would you explain the relationship between faith and fruit (or works)? If salvation is a gift, why is what we do relevant to what we believe? What difference does Gods Grace make?
2. Why is a life of submission to Christ’s lordship actually richer than one in which we simply receive spiritual perks without having to change the way we live?
3. How does chapter nature of grace impact your outlook on salvation, justification, and our struggle with sin moving forward?
In Christ Jesus
Phil Hardy (Sun, 20 Aug 2017)
In Ephesians 1:3-14, the phrase "in Christ" or "in Him" is repeated 10 times. Phil outlined 13 truths about what being "in Christ" means for us.
To view Phil's notes (in PDF format), click here.
In him or in Christ is mentioned 10 times in these eleven verses (ESV)
Being “in Christ Jesus” is an amazing reality for all those who believe and have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.
It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, you are part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
It’s in Christ that once you heard the truth of the Gospel and believed it (this Message of your salvation), found yourselves home free—signed, sealed, and delivered by the Holy Spirit.
This signet from God is the first instalment on what’s coming, a reminder that we’ll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.
To be in Christ is more than a concept it a reality of our coming to faith and accepting Jesus into your life, it is to be a living reality in our lives that changes how we see ourselves , how we see God and will affect how we live.
It is breath-taking what it means to be in Christ. United to Christ. Bound to Christ. If you are “in Christ” lets look at what it means for you:
Benefits of being in Christ
1. In Christ Jesus you were given grace before the world was created. “He gave us grace in Christ Jesus before the ages began” (2 Timothy 1:9). – Grace, getting what I don’t deserve, the unmerited favour of God.
2. In Christ Jesus you were chosen by God before creation. “God chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4). No matter at what age you come to know Jesus it was planned for your life before time began .
3. In Christ Jesus you are loved by God with an inseparable love. “I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38–39).
4. In Christ Jesus you were redeemed and forgiven for all your sins. In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses” (Ephesians 1:7). Past, present and future sin dealt with.
5. In Christ Jesus you are justified before God and the righteousness of God in Christ is imputed to you. “For our sake God made Christ to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21). A most beautiful exchange
6. In Christ Jesus you have become a new creation and a son of God. “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17). “In Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith” (Galatians 3:26). How do we know someone has truly been saved, they are a new creation, old life style, thinking attitudes behaviour all changes when we are truly born again into Christ.
7. In Christ Jesus you have been seated in the heavenly places even while he lived on earth. “God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6). Its not a position to aspire to, we already have as a gift as we are in Christ.
8. In Christ Jesus all the promises of God are Yes for you. “All the promises of God find their Yes in Christ” (2 Corinthians 1:20). Every good promise in his word is ours its a yes from him
9. In Christ Jesus you are being sanctified and made holy. “To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus” (1 Corinthians 1:2). Changed from one degree of glory to another by his grace.
10. In Christ Jesus everything you really need will be supplied. “My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). He know what you need before you ask and he’s already made full provision for your need
11. In Christ Jesus the peace of God will guard your heart and mind. “The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).
12. In Christ Jesus you have eternal life. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
13. And in Christ Jesus you will be raised from the dead at the coming of the Lord. “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive” (1 Corinthians 15:22). All those united to Adam in the first humanity die. All those united to Christ in the new humanity rise to live again. How do we get into Christ?
At the unconscious and decisive level, it is God’s sovereign work: “From God are you in Christ Jesus” (1 Corinthians 1:30, my translation).
But at the conscious level of our own action, it is through faith.
Christ dwells in our hearts “through faith” (Ephesians 3:17).
The life we live in union with his death and life we “live by faith in the Son of God” (Galatians 2:20). We are united in his death and resurrection “through faith” (Colossians 2:12).
This is a wonderful truth. Union with Christ is the ground of everlasting joy, and it is free.
Did you know and understand these truths
How do they affect the way you live
Are there any lies you have believed they are contrary to these truths, if so what can you do to change
What are the blessings you receive by believing them
Faith Filled Praying
Phil Hardy (Sun, 11 Jun 2017)
Phil continued his preach about praying.
To view Phil's full notes (in PDF format), click here.
To view Phil's slides (in PDF format), click here.
I guess it’s would be easy if there were some simple formula or step by step simple guide to prayer to follow and if you do that all your prayers will be answered
Just check off the steps and we’ve done our duty
Prayer doesn’t work like that though, God wants us to engage with him, it’s about relationship and our hearts been in tune with him.
Praying was never meant to be a duty or a chore, it is a privilege and essential to our developing and strengthening our relationship with our father.
God loves to answer our prayer, he doesn’t ignore he’s not being difficult or awkward, he wants us to find him to know him to partner with him.
He wants us to know his heart that we might pray with faith and expectancy.
We need to:
(1) pray faithfully
(2) pray decisively
(3) pray forcefully
(4) pray lovingly
(5) pray truthfully
(6) pray earnestly
(7) pray authoritatively
Prayer is a journey that is unique for everyone. Just as each of us has a different calling or job to do for God, each of us will travel a slightly different road in understanding what prayer really is. God will speak to each of us in different ways, and the way God speaks to one person can be markedly different from the way He speaks to another.
God isn't interested in getting us to learn rules and requirements and living life merely by following the dictates of a rule book, but He wants us to come to Him that we might know Him for ourselves. He wants a unique relationship with each of us just as He created each of us as unique individuals.
He wants to partner with us in our journey and live it out with us day by day. It's why He created humans, and it is His great joy when we come to Him without doubt or compromise to wholeheartedly get to know Him and let ourselves be fully known by Him. God is all about relationship, and the key to it is masterful prayer.
Faith filled payers are needed for seemly impossible tasks
For our nation to turn back to God
To see the Gospel penetrate every tribe tongue and nation
To see strongholds pulled down in the Name of Jesus
To see his kingdom rule and reign in every sphere of society
God majors in doing what is impossible with man
He loves to break through when all hope seems gone
So what are we going to do with prayer ?
If this is a new day for us then it has to be in prayer and through prayer
• What’s your prayer journey?
• What’s been your best prayer success and your worst?
• How would you like to see your prayer life grow?
• How can we be more effective in our praying ?
• What are the breakthroughs you are praying for at the moment?
Partnering With God In Prayer
Phil Hardy (Sun, 21 May 2017)
Phil spoke about the importance of partnering with God in prayer.
• We are encouraged in scripture to
o Pray Scripturally
o Pray Strategically
o Pray Systematically
• Sometimes it’s hard
• Sometimes there are barriers, distractions and our minds wonder, our praying on detours
• God has told us he wants us to strengthen our prayer muscle, to be stronger and more effective in our praying, He said we could have this building but we would have to fight for it in prayer
• Prayer is a key factor in any advancement of the Gospel and the church
• Prayer should precede any kingdom activity
• God wants our future / your future to be better than our / your past
God wants us to have influence in every sphere of our life, workplace, where we live in our community,
Prayer has been the Key to our Past History right back from the beginning in Genesis
Right back in our history we find prayer in the Old Testament is in Genesis 15 - God reveals his plan and purpose to Abram
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” 2 But Abram said, “O Lord God, what will you give me, for I continue childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.”
Isaac praying because Rebekah was barren and so she had Jacob and Esau. The promise made to Abraham his Father would be fulfilled because of this prayer, and continues to be fulfilled
Jesus obviously prayed – Obviously!
On the day of Pentecost what were they doing?
When the early church were being persecuted what did they do?
When Peter was imprisoned how did they respond?
Prayer was the key in the Old Testament and the New Testament church
The point is Prayer was the key to our past, our heritage.
As a nation we once prayed and it was prayer that once made this nation great
We are where we are
We are who we are …..Because of prayer
Over the years there has been much prayer in the church for the church to bring us to this point
Prayer was important, it still is important, even of greater importance maybe; it always will be until Jesus comes again, and it’s the key to our future – to yours and mine
3 points about Prayer
• Prayer expresses our trust in God and the means whereby our trust him can increase as well as a way of expressing our love to him and fellowship with him
• Prayer changes the way God acts
James 4:2 you do not have because you do not ask
Prayer not only does us good but also affects God and the world
When we ask, God responds
Luke 11: 9-10 for everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks the door will be opened.
There is a clear connection between seeking things form God and receiving them
When we ask, God responds
• Pray in accordance with Gods will
1 John 5:14-15
14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
Wayne Grudem:- It’s appropriate that we should have great confidence that God will answer our prayer when we ask him for something that is in accord with a specific promise or command of scripture
What’s your prayer life like – occasional, when we remember? when its convenient? , when we’re in need? Is it passive?
Does it go something like this -?
Good morning God please help me today or Good night
Bless me and mine
Look after my house and family
Just maybe what he means for us to strengthen our Payer muscle maybe we need to adopt a lifestyle of praying
Continuous, Effective, Hell destroying, Bondage breaking, Stronghold crushing, Life generating, Soul saving and power releasing spiritual intersession
Conclusion & Application
There is much God has planned for you and us to do, God’s not done with you or us yet, his purpose for the Peak District and this church has yet to be fully fulfilled
Prayer is the key to seeing it all happen
Maybe if you don’t already set aside just some time say 15minutes every day to pray with and in the spirit like that and see what change God will bring about.
Chris Spear – Prayer Room
We have opportunities in church life to pray together, I want to encourage you to strengthen your own prayer life and that we continue to strengthen the Prayer life of the church.
Questions for Groups
• What’s your prayer life like? What obstacles hinder prayer?
• How can you strengthen your payer muscle?
• What do you think hinders people from getting together for prayer?
• What would church life be like if we prayed more and prayed like this - Continuous, Effective, Hell destroying, Bondage breaking, Stronghold crushing, Life generating, Soul saving and power releasing spiritual intercessory prayer
The Vision and practicalities for The Lime Tree building
Phil Hardy Neal Garratt Justyn Pride Graham Kemp (Sun, 30 Apr 2017)
In our first formal Sunday meeting at the Lime Tree Building, Phil, Neal, Justyn and Graham outlined both the vision for the building and the activities of the church and design modifications that will be made to the building.
Please note that the questions in the Q&A session were not given through the mic. Hopefully you can work out what the question was from the answer that was given!
To view the slides about the Elder's vision (in PDF format), click here.
To view Graham's slides in relation to the design and layout of the building (in PDF format), click here.
Phil Hardy (Sun, 26 Mar 2017)
Phil continued our series on Spiritual Gifts preaching on discernment.
We apologise for the poor quality of this audio file.
To view Phil's notes (in PDF format), click here.
This gift of discernment is for every believer and is necessary for everyday living that we would not be blown about by every wind of doctrine, that we would know when our enemy is trying to deceive us.
That as we minister the kingdom to others we are more effective because we are able to discern and deal the root cause of any issue rather than just try to ease the symptom.
Paul when writing concerning spiritual gifts encouraged us to desire the best gift, he was not setting up one gift as more important than another, he was saying what’s the most appropriate gift for the situation that will deal with the root cause bring truth, healing, Freedom and deliverance.
1. In what ways can we test the spirits as described in 2 Timothy 2 v 15
2. Paul writing to the Ephesians “Our fight is with the unseen realm” how do we recognise these attacks and how do we resist them?
3. Is discernment only to be used when praying for some one? At what other times do we need to be able to the gift of discernment?
4. Paul encourages us to desire the best gifts? How are we to know what the best gifts are?
The Gift Of Miracles
Phil Hardy (Sun, 26 Feb 2017)
Phil continued our series on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit looking at the Gift of Miracles.
Further notes and questions may follow in due course.
Rise And Shine
Phil Hardy (Sun, 12 Feb 2017)
Phil spoke about not being spiritually dull because Christ lives in us.
Isaiah 60 verse 1-5
• Rise & Shine – spring out of bed, alert ready for the day, full of energy, can’t wait to get started, looking forward to a great day, ready for anything, bring it on !
• Does that describe how you feel when you wake every morning ?
• Or is it struggling to wake up? Lacking energy a bit longer in bed so hit the snooze button, wake up slowly, in need of a coffee or tea to help wake you up to get you going, dreading the day ahead, same old same old, nothing really to look forward to, not feeling very motivated.
• I felt God wants to stir us with his wake up call
• Dull lives
• Living in shadows
Living to the max
• We are in Christ Ephesians tells us we are called and chosen to be in Christ
• Colossians 3 verse 4 And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.
• He is our life
• Jesus in you he is your light, he is the light that is to shine through you
• The life we now live is to be in him and him shine through us.
• Jesus said “I have come that they may here life and life to the full”
• People of different understandings of what it is to live to the max
• We’ve talked about being on an adventure, God’s invited us o an adventure with him to Rise and Shine with the glory of God
• Watchman Nee – wrote a book not I but Christ “the secret of the Christian life” p109 & 110
• Christ is to be revealed to the world through his people, that’s you and me
• We have been placed by God , you each have a place where God has put us
• It’s your unique opportunity to reveal Jesus
• It’s your unique place to shine for him
• Your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven, who’s going to demonstrate it if you don’t
• We have been chosen to be the means by which his kingdom rule and reign comes into every part of society
• We want revival while it’s a sovereign move of God he still involves us
He came to give us life
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 ESV
• Paul understood that his life was now hid in Christ with God and so the life he now lived in his flesh was to be by faith in the one who loved him
• The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1 ESV
Your time to shine
• It’s our time to shine
• What or who’s shadow are you living in? Fears and worry are shadows , people we feel inferior to, fear of others
• Is there any dullness in your life? I maybe spiritual dullness, it maybe you feel you have a dull mundane life, life generally is dull and more like just existing, surviving
• God’s got so much more to offer
• He wants you live life to the full
Time to shake off dullness – literally shake it off
1. How does us being in Christ and Christ in us affect how we live our lives?
2. Jesus came to give us life to the full, what do you believe the full life Jesus was talking about is?
3. Have you been spiritually dull? Have you shaken it off ? What’s changed?
4. How can the glory of God shine more in your unique place God has put you?