Filled With The Spirit
Dave Watmore Lesley Watmore (Sun, 13 Apr 2014)
As part of our series about the Basics of Christianity, Dave and Lesley Watmore spoke about being filled with the Holy Spirit.
The most common questions are:
• Is it right?
• Can it be for me?
• And how can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
Is it right to be filled with the Holy Spirit?
• My testimony of being filled with the Holy Spirit.
• Manifestations but “when I touch you, I touch you with LIFE”.
• But all of us should remember the scripture Ephesians 5 v 18
• Lesley's testimony
Is being filled with the Spirit for me?
• John 10 v 10
• John 15 v 5 and 9 – 11
How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
• Surrender to Him
• Moses having his arms raised up as Joshua fights.
• As we surrender – Jesus wins by the Holy Spirit.
• Luke 11 v 9 -10
• Doubts – If I ask will I receive?
• Jesus knows how sceptical we are so repeats it 6 times.
• Will the Holy Spirit be good?
• Taste and see that the Lord is good – Psalm 34 v 8
• “Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
• Luke 11 v 11 -13
• Ask someone you trust who is filled with the Holy Spirit to pray for you if necessary.
• Jesus has done it all for you.
• There are no medals, long service certificates
• If there is a sin that is on your conscience then confess if and the Father will forgive you.
• SEEK HIM – You will find him
• Dare to believe him
• Surrender to Him
• Be being filled
Being filled with the Spirit can be a difficult subject for some as they want to be filled but so far it has not happened to them yet. So please tread carefully in leading people through the questions. This is why I asked Lesley to give her testimony of the experience of being filled and the initial disappointment she felt, but encourage people to persevere and in faith that it is God's plan for them. In the end don't spend too much time talking about it, do the stuff! Many people were touch on Sunday morning and their experience might well be helpful to engender faith for your group.
• Is it right? Ephesians 5 v 18 - Be being filled
• Can it be for me? John 15 V 5 and 9 - 11.
• And how can I be filled with the Holy Spirit? Luke 11 v 9 - 13.
This is the video that Dave played: